There are situations in which you value the best-of-the-best.
The Three Disciplines of Market Leaders
1. Those who value lowest total cost
2. Those who value product distinction and performance
3. And those who value personalized service and guidance
1. Businesses that master the discipline of operational excellence excel at delivering low cost and convenience
2. Businesses that master the discipline of product leadership excel at delivering cutting edge and best-in-class
3. Businesses that master the discipline of customer intimacy excel at delivering one-of-a-kind, personalized experiences
Bringing Market Disciplines to the Here and Now
Which Market Disciplines Should You Master?
Choosing the Right Discipline
1. Do my customers most value low cost, cutting edge or customization?
2. Are my people, processes and technologies optimized to deliver this primary value?
3. Do my operations have the funding it takes to optimize for this value?
When In Doubt, Ask Your Customers