You need billing to be fast and accurate.
1. Set a billing schedule
2. Invoice more often, get paid more often
3. Connect quotes and invoices
4. Use invoice templates to their fullest potential
· save templates (with pre-filled information) for specific types of jobs and customers.
· build in formulae that total charges and add taxes for you.
5. What could an invoice maker do for you?
· learning the price of your products and services
· calculating taxes and automatically preparing paperwork for filing
· doing daily bank reconciliation to tell you which invoices have (and haven’t) been paid
· working from your phone, so you can send invoices from anywhere
· Time-keeping apps allow you to clock in and out of jobs from your phone.
· Expense apps allow you to photograph a receipt and attach it to a specific job so the information is there when you go to make an invoice.
7. Should you accept online payments?
8. Train your customers to pay on time
9. Chase invoices like you really want them